Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Revisiting 2009 Resolutions

Every now and then, I will revisit my 2009 resolutions, to see whether or not I am even trying to see them through. Here is the first check-up...

1. Finally learn how to operate that newfangled machine called a "car".

Not yet, however I did watcha few movies that featured driving. I also rode shotgun in a few cars. That should count.

If not, bite me. I still have a while.

2. Lose enough weight to not embarrass myself at the beach.

I have lost 1.5 pound so far in 2009. Oh yeah... feel the burn.

I made a simple pledge to myself to exercise more. I figured that the best time to do it was to wake up about an hour to an hour and a half earlier, so that I can wail on my abs and pecs before work. I set my alarm a few days ago at 7am in order to do so. Each day, I wake up at 7, stretch, make up some B.S. excuse like "It's too cold" or "You gots to be kidding", and then go back to bed.

Baby steps... baby steps...

3. Date more often. This way I can get out of the house more... on the flip side of that, I have watched waaaaaaaaaay too much TV in 2008.

I will say that I have made some progress so far. I talked to a few ladies at work. Sure, they had no interest and looked at me like I have a weird fungi growing on my forehead...

4. To stop dressing cheaply. "Hobo Chic" is not something you should aspire to.

I am proud to say that I am dressing much better nowadays. I figured out that the money I am saving from not eating badly and often can be used to purchase nice clothing. Whodathunkit?

5. Keep this blog updated daily for the whole year. Even if it is with pure stupidity.

Failed miserably. NEXT!

6. Whoop everyones behind in the Triple Sport Fantasy League this year I am starting with Groganman (Groganman's Musings is one of my favorite blogs... check it out!)

This will not start until mid to late February, so if anyone is intersted, please feel free to leave a comment!

7. Continue my streak of 7 years without going to church (and with that, 7 years of thoroughly disappointing my very religious mother)

Done and done!

8. Learn to cook. You actually CAN make meals without solely using a microwave.

I learned how to make chicken stir-fry the other day. Great recipe. Fairly simple.

Open frozen stir-fry package. Dump into pan. Sautee until cooked. Serve.

Eat your heart out, Gordon Ramsey!

9. Finally realize that in order to date, I must actually stop acting like a shy 13 year old around girls. That does not help.

See #3. Now, have to go places that have women who are more accepting of weirdos like me.

10. Finish my transformation from "Davis Garcia" to "David Garcia"... 29 years in the making, my friends.

February 6th. It will be done. My mother's mistake will finally be corrected!

No comments:

Post a Comment