Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mental Ipod

My mind is the kind that is always running about 120MPH (Hello, Adderall!). There is always something jumping around in there, which does tend to lead to insomnia. However, one of the plus/minuses of my speedy brain is that I tend to have a jukebox in there going 24/7. Any song that ends up playing will tend to be there for a good amount of time, whether I like it or not. No matter how hard I try, it is stuck there until it just disappears. Good example of this:

Last week, I had Beyonce’s ”Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)” blaring in my head. Now mind you, I never disliked the song to begin with, but after 4-5 days of it on loop in my head… yeah… Let’s just say, it will be a loooooooooooooooooooooooong time until I will like that song. Hopefully about two or three lifetimes from now.

Nowadays, I have been humming Mott the Hopple’s “All the Young Dudes”, and I absolutely love that song. So now, I am singing that to myself between calls, and I am doing it with a smile… which is a big step up from this scene last week:

Me sitting at my desk, typing something up for work, and then out of nowhere, I just go “If you liked it then you shoulda put a ring on it. If you liked it then you shoulda put a ri… GAAAAH!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!”



Huge step up, and my co-workers don't think I am a lunatic anymore. Double bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment